Tips for Choosing Stylish Accessories
What Is Accessorizing?
Accessorizing is a way to spice up your outfits by incorporating smaller pieces, like jewelry and shoes, into your look. Fashion accessories are pieces that, although they can serve practical functions, are chosen to complement the rest of an outfit—the finishing touches. Accessorizing allows you to add new energy to the old standbys in your capsule wardrobe.
“A woman makes an outfit her own with accessories”. Oscar De la Renta – Fashion designer
6 Types of Fashion Accessories
Accessories fall into a few basic categories.
- Footwear: Unlike other accessories, you’ll most likely need to wear shoes every day. Although it’s important to have a few neutral footwear options in your capsule collection (such as a white sneaker, nude heel, black flat, and black or brown boots), statement footwear can elevate your look. Look for shoes that are fun yet comfortable—or else you’ll never wear them.
- Jewelry: Whether your jewelry box contains just one nice watch or a host of bangles, statement necklaces, chandelier earrings, and chokers, you probably turn to jewelry when you’re looking to add a little sparkle to your look. If you’re new to jewelry, start with a subtle piece of jewelry like little diamond studs, thin hoop earrings, or a delicate pendant necklace—classic pieces that will work with almost anything.
- Hair accessories: Hair accessories offer an easy way to show off your personal style. Take a look at your current hair accessories and see if there’s room for an upgrade: Can you swap a plain hair tie for a silk scrunchie? A plain clip for a colorful acetate one?
- Handbags: Different bags—from totes to clutches—are appropriate for different occasions. If you have handbags in varied styles and colors, you’ll always have a unique accessory.
- Belts: Belts aren’t just for function; they’re for fashion, too. Whether you choose a narrow or wide belt, a simple belt or one with embellishments, defining your waistline with a belt is one of the easiest ways to make an outfit look more polished.
- Winter accessories: Scarves, hats, and gloves keep you warm, but they’re also an opportunity to add color and patterns to your look, especially if your outerwear is more neutral.
How to Accessorize: Essential Rules for Choosing Accessories
#1. Wear no more than 3-4 large accessories
Make sure to consider that wearing too many accessories also become a weak point for you. So it is possible to combine your outfit with larger accessories. But it is better to be no more than 3-4 of them. And also there should be a perfect matching of each other in terms of style, colour, and the properties of them.
#2. Remember that large rings don’t suit everyone
The person who has short fingers don’t look better with the thick rings. Slim ones can visually increase length, but shorter ones do not look good on short fingers. Keep this in mind when you next buy a ring.
#3. Forget the rule that states your handbag must be the same colour as your shoes
it is not a compulsory thing, that selecting a bag that matches your shoes. Consider that if your shoes are very bright, it is better to have a bag with a contrasting light tone.
#4. Don’t hide a large collar underneath a bulky scarf
If your coat already has a large collar, you do not need to add a large scarf to your dress. Therefore, wear a light kerchief on your neck instead of wearing a scarf.
#5. Only use a full set of matching jewelry if the items are small in size
There is a argue that wearing beads, earrings, rings and rings all in one set is not fun. This idea is only partially true because it all depends on the size of each accessory. If they are small in size, you can make them look beautiful by pulling them all together.
We have stylish accessories for you. See it here
Do not hesitate to chat with us here, we will surprise you with totally new ideas: